Our mission is to deliver a diverse range of of high quality aquatic and fitness activities accessible to all members of the Upper Valley community. We promote aquatic competition, fitness education, and wellness programs. We regularly donate our facilities and services to benefit a wide-range of charitinble organizations and causes.
- Last year we donated free passes valued at over $42,000 to various charities to help in their fund-raising efforts and enable families to use the facility
- We provided $7,000 in direct financial aid and scholarships to make swimming and exercise programs more affordable
- We taught FREE swim lessons to over 75 second graders last year as part of our Drownproof Hartford program
- We've taught over 3,000 chidren to swim since we opened
- Our swim meets generate over $1 million in revenue for local hotels, restaurants, and other businesses
- We donate passes to the Hartford, Quechee, and West Hartford Library summer reading programs
- We provide free swimming, water exercise and land classes to over 300 seniors through our "Free Senior Friday" program
- Our "60 for 60" rehab program provides a bridge for local physical therapy patients to help them transition into a mainstream fitness program
- We provide access to land and water exercise programs for the Bugbee Senior Center
- We participate in other community programs like the "Passport to winter fun" program to encourage children to stay active and "Job shadow day" for local student groups
The Upper Valley Aquatic Center is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that depends on the community to help us deliver great programs in a great facility. Your donations are tax-deductible and will be used immediately for scholarships and FREE programs in our community!
CHECK: Payable to UVAC Scholarship Fund at PO Box 1198, White River Junction, VT 05001
CREDIT CARD: Call 802-296-2950 ex 102
TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP/FINANCIAL AID: Contact Rich Synnott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-296-2850 ex 103 or fill out the form below and someone will contact you shortly.
The Upper Valley Aquatic Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization without any taxpayer or governmental support. Volunteers are a big part of our services!
Volunteer your time, your skills or services and become part of something special in our community. Volunteers can serve as Welcome Desk attandants, swim meet helpers, and KidZone attendants. Share the mission to deliver a diverse range of high quality aquatic programs and activities that are accessible to all members of the Upper Valley community. Help us support and promote fitness, education, competition and safety in an aquatic environment. Call 802-296-2850, ext. 103 to learn more, or fill out the form below and someone will contact you shortly.
Please note that all volunteer hours can be credited towards high school or other community service hours.