We care deeply about the communities we serve. That's why we leverage our strength to help fight obesity, teach children and adults how to avoid drowning by learning to swim, provide opportunities for families who are economically challenged so they can enjoy quality time with their children, provide summer camp and enrichment programs for children who otherwise couldn't afford them, and align with local social service agencies who are fighting generational poverty, abuse, drug and alcohol addiciton, and teen pregnancy. It's not just a sideline, it's our mission to deliver a diverse range of of high quality aquatic and fitness activities accessible to all members of the Upper Valley community. We promote aquatic competition, fitness education, and wellness programs. One of the ways we contribute to the health of the community is by regularly donating our facilities and services to benefit a wide-range of charitinble organizations and causes in the Upper Valley. But you can help also.
- Last year we donated free passes valued at over $42,000 to various charities to help in their fund-raising efforts and enable families to use the facility
- We provided $37,000 in direct financial aid and scholarships to make swimming and exercise programs more affordable
- We taught FREE swim lessons to over 100 second and third graders last year as part of our Drownproof Hartford program
- We've taught over 3500 chidren to swim thus reducing the chance of drowning in the Upper Valley
- We donate passes to the Hartford, Quechee, and West Hartford Library summer reading programs
- We provide free swimming, water exercise and land classes to over 300 seniors through our "Free Senior Friday" program
- Our "60 for 60" rehab program provides a bridge for local physical therapy patients to help them transition into a mainstream fitness program
- We provide access to land and water exercise programs for the Bugbee Senior Center
- We participate in other community programs like the "Passport to winter fun" program to encourage children to get active
The Upper Valley Aquatic Center is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that depends on the community to help us deliver affordable enrichment programs. Your donations are tax-deductible and will be used immediately to provide financial aid to families, free swim lessons for chldren and adults, summer camp opportunities, and access to the facilty by other local charitible organizations.
CHECK: Payable to UVAC Scholarship Fund at PO Box 1198, White River Junction, VT 05001
CREDIT CARD: Call 802-296-2950 ex 102
TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID: Contact Rich Synnott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-296-2850 ex 103 or fill out the form below and someone will contact you shortly.
The Upper Valley Aquatic Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization without any taxpayer or governmental support. Volunteers are a big part of our success!
Volunteer your time, your skills or services and become part of something special in our community. Volunteers can serve as Welcome Desk attandants, swim meet helpers, camp councilors, and KidZone attendants. Share the mission to deliver a diverse range of high quality aquatic programs and activities that are accessible to all members of the Upper Valley community. Help us support and promote fitness, education, competition and safety. Call 802-296-2850, ext. 103 to learn more, or fill out the form below and someone will contact you shortly.
Please note that all volunteer hours can be credited towards high school or other community service hours.