Specialized Group Instruction for Adults of All Ages
The Upper Valley Aquatic Center offers a specialized group lesson program just for adults. This is a great option if you would like to gain body awareness and balance in the water, learn basic stroke mechanics, be more comfortable with breathing during swimming and/or want to add swimming to your fitness routine.
BEGINNER ADULT SWIM
We will run 5-week sessions with one-hour classes on both Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7pm for a total of 10 lessons. The fee will be $30 for the entire session in which half will be returned to you upon full completion of the program. We will work on basic swimming techniques beginning with face submersion and breath control, advancing to front and back floats and glides, proper and efficient kicking techniques, and finally perfecting the front crawl (freestyle) stroke. We will work in the warm-water pool until the class is comfortable enough to work in the competition pool.
- Monday and Wednesday 6 - 7pm
- Program is designed as a 5 week, 10 lesson program for maximum benefit and consistency
- $30 for 5-week session with half returned back to you as congratulatory gift upon successful competion of all 10 lessons
Future Session Dates:
1/6 - 2/10
2/24 - 3/26
4/7 - 5/7
5/19 - 6/18
INTERMEDIATE ADULT SWIM
The program is ideal for Individuals who already feel comfortable in the deeper pool and have some basic swimming skils but want to refine strokes, individuals who would like to join the Masters group or do a triathlon but do not yet feel confident. If you are fearful of getting into a deep pool or cannot swim 50 yards of freestyle, contact us about our Adult Private Swim Lessons.
- Tuesday and Thursday 12:15 - 1:15 pm
- Program is designed as a 6 week, 2x a week for maximum benefit and consistency
- Drop-in (pay per class $15) or punch card Member*: $120 or Non-Member: $150
- Use your punch pass over 12 weeks for added flexibility. *Membership must be active for entire 12 weeks to receive Member rate
- Develope comfort in the water
- Refine good air exchange (breathing)
- Develope efficient freestyle technique
- Learn to read a time clock for interval workouts
- Additional stroke work (breast stroke, back stroke, butterfly)
- Buld confidence
How to Register
- Visit the Welcome Desk
- Beginner: REGISTER HERE!
- Intermediate: Drop-in anytime for $15 per class
"With patient guidance, support of others and a willingness to challenge yourself, what might seem like an impossible goal can be reached. "
Miriam Leach (learned to swim and lost 100 pounds at UVAC)
802-296-2850 ext. 106