Red Cross Classes
CPR/AED/FIRST AID, Lifeguard Certification, Recertification, Babysitting Training
The Upper Valley Aquatic Center offers a full spectrum of American Red Cross courses for individuals and organizations who need group training. We offer seasonal training for every safety need. Tucker Garrity-Hanchett, our resident Red Cross Director, can even come to your camp, school, business, or center to certify your staff. To register, complete the application and drop it off, or mail it to us: UVAC, P.O. Box 1198, White River Junction,VT 05001
Contact Tucker email@example.com
Bring Registration form to the Welcome Desk, or mail it to us, with payment to secure your spot. Need more info? 802-296-2850 ex. 206
CURRENTLY OFFERED COURSES
No class currently scheduled. Call us and we'll get one started.
For anyone who is 11 years+ and wants to learn how to be a Certified Safe Red Cross sitter. $65. HOURS: 4-9pm
CPR/AED/ FIRST AID CERTIFICATION
$110 to learn how to save a life!
This course is designed for regular people who want to learn how to save lives in an emergency.
CPR/AED/FIRST AID RECERTIFICATION
$65 to stay sharp on how to save a life! Pretty good deal.
Get recertified so that you have the latest protocols on how to save a life.
Prepare for a GREAT job this summer! Must be +15 years old. $320. HOURS: Friday @ 4-9pm, Saturday @ 8am-6pm, Sunday @ 8am-4pm
12.5 hour course over two days. Get re-certified for another summer of guarding at your local lake, pool or camp. Cost $189. HOURS: Thursday, 9am-4pm, Friday 4-9pm
LIFEGUARD TRAINING INSTRUCTOR
No classes currently scheduled. Call us to schedule a class.
WATER SAFTEY INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
June 30, July 1 and 2 @ 9am-6pm. Must be 16 years or older.
Important Information Lifeguard Certification Courses
- Lifeguard Training and First Aid certification is valid for 2 years
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification is valid for 2 years
- Materials Provided: 1 Resuscitation Mask, 1 pair latex-free gloves, training books
- Students will be expected to bring their own bathing suit, towel, writing utensils and comfortable change of clothes
- These are available in e-book and print formats at no extra cost. Hyperlinks to these materials will be provided through precourse communication
Prerequisites for Lifeguard Training
- Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of this course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or headfirst, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
*The prerequisite testing will be completed during the first class of the session